[Tilecache] tilecache and openlayers wrapdateline

Scott Pezanowski scottpez at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:36:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does anyone know if the tilecache software tiles will work with an OpenLayers WMS layer when the wrapDateLine option is set to 'true'? When I try this with a layer from my local tilecache install, the center map does display. However, when it tries to wrap the tiles around the dateline, all of these tiles come in as pink broken tiles.

You can see the results of this at:

http://www.apps.geovista.psu.edu/tilecache/wrapdateline.html

If I view one of the pink tiles, I get a message something like this:
An error occurred: Current x value 52.000000 is too far from tile corner x 76.000000

My tilecache configuration for this layer does include extent_type=loose .

Please let me know if this is possible with tilecache and if anyone may know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,
Scott

email: scottpez at hotmail.com