[Tilecache] ImageLayer tile structure

Simone Gadenz simone.gadenz at jrc.it
Wed Dec 3 03:26:36 EST 2008

Hello tilers!?

I have a PDA map applications that uses the TC folder structure to render
large satellite images on the device. So far what it does is to use the
tiles stored on the memory card or on a web folder for creating a new image
while panning.

I cached the images using the seed application and an ImageLayer
configuration.

So far I assumed that the first level of the folder structure would contain
only one image. I saw before the seed application add a black stripe on one
side to square the image. Now I tiled this image of Banda Aceh and this is
the configuration file:

type=ImageLayer
filebounds=0,0,9837,17241
bbox = 0,0,9837,17241
file=C:/MapData/bandaache/Banda_Aceh_RGB_Tile_02_LL.tif

As you can see the image is long rectangle. I would expect to have a single
image with a large black stripe on one side at level 0 but I got two square
images, one for the south and one for the north side of the image.

Can anybody explain how it works so that I can replicate the logic on the
PDA software?

Thanks

Simone