[Tilecache] Rép. : Multiple images in a group layer

SIMON MERCIER simon.mercier at msp.gouv.qc.ca
Thu Dec 4 10:10:28 EST 2008

mmm not sure but, you don't suppose to have problem with this type off Query?  The BBox is for your TC layer not the WMS layer.  It'srealy not the same ...  Check the bbox coverage vs your resolution, you should be able to map all your image coverage with your scale specification(maxRsolution vs bbox)

this work fine:

[aq_v2]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://geomsp.msp.gouv.qc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=e:/ms4w/msp/wms/carte_routiere_v2.map
layers=AQ_GEOBASE_Bretelle,AQ_GEOBASE_LOCALES,AQ_GEOBASE_nationale,AQ_GEOBASE_Autoroutes
extent_type=loose
levels=15
extension=png
metaTile=false
metaBuffer=5
metaSize=10,10
srs=EPSG:32198
maxResolution=5060
bbox=-1257720,-155000, 1333000, 2435720

simon

>>> Yves Moisan <yves.moisan at boreal-is.com> 3/12/2008 11:19 >>>
Hi All,

I'll have to implement TC on a WMS layer which points to a GROUP of
layers in a mapfile.  The grouped layer is a bunch of fairly large
images that are scattered on the globe surface.

>From what I can see, it is not possible to TileCache such a group layer.
And even if it were, I would need to be able to provide BBOX extents for
every single image that the layer comprises.  The obvious issue here is
to avoid having blank tiles.  Are there pointers/examples I could use
for guidance ?

Cheers,

Yves