[Tilecache] Increase WMS request timeout?

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:39:39 EST 2008

Hi again,  So I tracked this back a bit more, and it turns out that my WMS
is have an odd problem. It's Manifold GIS wms that has a mapserver
component. It runs in IIS. For reason or another, after the process has been
running for a little while, some requests come back fine, and others return
an error. I've set up a service to hit the mapserver at regular intervals,
and refresh the application pool if this condition arises, but it would also
be helpful if there were some way to tell TileCache to try to get the same
image again if it the first time comes back with an error.

I say this because the WMS problem is intermitten, and often hitting the
same link again results in a image coming back rather than an error. Has
anyone tried adding this functionality, or know where I would need to start
to implement this?

thanks!
chris-

--