[Tilecache] Changing scales

Oles Kit oyk at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 09:30:32 EST 2008

Thank you, Jonathan,

The problem was not in levels mismatch, but in the cache itself. After
ensuring for the tenth time that all my extents and bounding box
calculations are correct and meet those defined in the mapfile I just
changed the name of tilecache layer ([uk_27700] --> [uk_map]) both in my
OpenLayers javascript and in tilecache.cfg and that's it! Moreover, all
layer names but [uk_27700] produced correct map, but only naming a layer
[uk_27700] was messing up the extents, resolutions or both.

Obviously this could not be a problem of a secret tilecache layer naming
convention. After I cleared the cache manually at the location defined
within tilecache.cfg, [uk_27700] layer was visualised properly and
correctly! I think that there might be a bug in the tilecache which
makes the tilecache serve tiles which are saved in the cache even when
the layer parameters are changed and the tiles should be actually
overwritten.

Any comments from the developers?

Oles Kit