[Tilecache] mapserver annotations and tilecache

James McManus jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 13:36:02 EST 2008

I'm using openlayers, tilecache and mapserver, to generate map tiles.  My map file uses annotation to display highway symbols.  When I generate tiles the symbols do not appear.  Can tilecache access map file annotation information?

I am using WMS to execute tilecache from openlayers:

var  msrds = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Roads", tilrds,
                        {layers: "rduroadstest", isBaseLayer: "true", transparent:"false"} )

where tilrds is a variable that contains the URL to tilecache.cgi.  I'm using type=MapServerLayer in tilecache.cfg. The symbols do appear when I run the same map file, using WMS in Openlayers, directly from mapserver, without tilecache.

Thanks
Jim