[Tilecache] IIS and tilecache url

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Feb 29 11:20:22 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:06:15AM -0800, Matt M wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I successfully got the tilecache demo to run fine in IIS.
>
> I have one problem however. I don't want to use the bounding box params for my tile query but instead something like this.
>
> http:/localhost/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/vmap0/0/0/0.png
>
> Is is possible to do this with IIS? Could I do something similar to &X=0&Y=0&Z=0 in the querystring?  I just want to use x y z and not bbox.

"""
When using Tilecache with TMS style requests, you will need to change
your IIS configuration to allow PATH_INFO to be delivered to the CGI
script.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q184320/ provides information
on this topic. If you do not do this, you will get an error message
like:

 "The requested layer (tilecache.cgi) does not exist."
""" -- Readme.txt