[Tilecache] Help with imageLayer

pawprint_net scott at pawprint.net
Thu Jan 3 16:05:15 EST 2008

I am trying to use tilecache to slice and serve a large raster image to
openLayers.

OL 2.5, TC 2.01 on Linux

Tried this in the tilecache.cfg

[chart]
type=ImageLayer
filebounds=-124.469971, 49.206352, -123.207491, 49.804609
file=/data/www/tilecache/3512.gif
extension=png

but it completely disables TC (no layers work) giving errors until I remove
the layer.

Incidentally I also tried using gdal2tiles to slice it up and then put it in
OL as a TMS layer - this works but then I don't have accurate Lat/Lon - just
pixel coordinates - so I can't put KML or Markers on it.

I have a whole series of images that I need to find the best way to load
into OpenLayers and then overlay vectors and/or markers on them - preferably
in addition to a WMS base layer - but that's not critical - I can live with
the image's layer being the base layer as long as the coordinates are
useable.

Any help/suggestions would be VERY appreciated - I'm been struggling with
this for about 3 weeks now.