[Tilecache] own map tiles

Herbert Hackl herbert_hackl81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:48:36 EST 2008

Hello,

i work on a project where I also
have to implement the zoom and move function of a card (e.g. Austria) and
need urgently some help.

My card (austria) is
devided into eight zoom levels. For each Zoomlevel I have tiles in a size of
512x5125 px. For example: When the zoom level is 100% Austria is
devided into 2 rows and three columns that means that I have 6 tiles(a tile has
the png format).

The tiles lies on the server with
den following filestructure:
Layer 0/Row
0/…
Layer 0/Row
1/…

 ……..

In the file folder Row 0 are my
tiles (png files); in this example by zoom 100% I have the files : file 0.png,
file 1.png, file 2.png

My
questions:
When I use openlayers to implement
the card functionality (zoom, move) in which html file I have to change the
source code to use my cards?
When I use a higher zoom, loads
“openlayers” the needed tiles automatically? From where does “openlayers” know,
which layers from which folder have to be loaded?

I hope anybody can help
me…

Tank you very
much.