[Tilecache] Tilecache Authentication

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:48:03 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 10:44 AM, Attila Csipa <plists at prometheus.org.yu> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2008 10:29:58 Eric Lemoine wrote:
> > automatically send the login/password for you. Do you know for how
> > long the browser will do that for you?
>
> Not to mention that if you are using several URL-s for simultaneously fetching
> tiles, it will likely make you authenticate for EACH of them - a rather nasty
> side effect. And of course logging out is also a nightmare in such
> scenarios :(

Humm, if the tiles are coming from the same server - which is likely -
I don't think the browser will prompt you for each tile. Once the
browser has authenticated itself it seems to set the Authorisation
header for every subsequent request to that server. I'm not sure, this
must be checked...

--
Eric