[Tilecache] metaTile configuration (and the Python imaging library?) - tutorial/documentation??

Greg Cocks gcocks at stoller.com
Fri Jun 6 22:02:04 EDT 2008

Hi Ya,

Can someone point me to some documentation (or a tutorial) that allows
me to troubleshoot why my metaTile attempt (as below) generates no
cached PNGs, just the directory structure:

  [munge_site_centres]

  type=MapServerLayer

  layers=munge_site_centres

  mapfile=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MapServer\WMS\munge_wms.map

  extension=png

  metaTile=true

  debug=off

*Note that it works just fine if the metaTile line is not there* -
except that that labels of the points are truncated on tile boundaries
(and hence the interest in using metaTile...)

Web server is IIS, Windoze OS, etc...

I wanted to try & learn how metaSize, size, etc parameters are used -
but at tilecache.org could not find details of this? (am I blind?
<smile>)

To the best of my knowledge I have the Python Imaging Library installed
correctly (1.1.6 for Python 2.5) - but am new to a lot of this, and
Googling does not show me a quick & dirty on how to independently check
this.

Thanks in advance!

----------
Regards,