[Tilecache] metaTile configuration (and the Python imaging library?) - tutorial/documentation??

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Jun 7 04:33:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:02:04PM -0600, Greg Cocks wrote:
> Hi Ya,
>

> Can someone point me to some documentation (or a tutorial) that allows
> me to troubleshoot why my metaTile attempt (as below) generates no
> cached PNGs, just the directory structure:

"If you are using MetaTiling, be aware that MapServer generates
interlaced PNG files, which PIL will not read. See
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/pil_mapscript on how to resolve
this."
 -- http://tilecache.org/readme.html#using-tilecache-with-mapserver

Additionally, the way to debug TileCache is to copy the URL of a
non-working tile, and view it in your browser. In this case, I expect
you would have gotten a message that said "Unable to read interlaced PNG
files.", which you could have searched through the README for.