[Tilecache] Multiple LAYERS support in WMS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 19 08:38:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:31:13PM +0200, Frédéric Junod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to have a multiple layer support in tilecache for the WMS service;
> something like:
>
> http://www.example.com/tilecache/?LAYERS=a,b,c&SERVICE=WMS&blabla
>
> ('a', 'b' and 'c' are layers defined in tilecache.cfg)
>
> I hacked TC and you can find a patch in attachment.
>
> The modification is quite simple: the layer's images are extracted from the
> cache and merged with the Python Imaging Library.

My first reaction to this is "eeck." Not because you code is bad -- it
looks reasonable -- but it's something that I had kinda hoped I could
get away with TileCache not doing, simply because it adds more
complexity.

I'm not sure what I want to do about this. I want to turn it over in my
head for a bit.

If you don't see action on this, poke me in a week or so, as I'm likely
to have forgotten.