[Tilecache] GetCapabilities document is not valid

Holger Jaekel holger.jaekel at gaf.de
Tue Mar 4 10:17:18 EST 2008

That's correct. We can define a title like "TileCacheLayer" here or we
can add a section [map] to tilecache.cfg where the user can define the
title. For my understanding, the intent of this enclosing <Layer> is to
define some default values that are inherited by the enclosed layers.

> Strangly enough I reported the bug because the
> getCapabilities failed to
> validate. Once the empty <Layer> tags were added it did
> validate, so I
> missed the apparent obligatory <Title> tag. Thanks for finding it.

I use also Eclipse and the validator showed the missing Title and the
SRS.

Regards,
  Holger

---
Holger Jaekel
phone: +49 (89) 121528-75	mailto:holger.jaekel at gaf.de
fax:   +49 (89) 121528-79	http://www.gaf.de
GAF AG     Arnulfstr. 197     80634 Muenchen     Germany

Vorstand: Dr. Peter Volk, Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Marcello Maranesi

Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 140 509, Firmensitz: Muenchen