[Tilecache] extension, metaTile and metaSize

Pedro Mendes mendes at gaveta.net
Thu Mar 13 15:36:23 EDT 2008

list,

here´s the prob:

i have a wms layer (acessing geoserver) configured this way:
 extension=png, metaTile=true, metaSize=20,20 and size=256,256(default)

works great, but for known reasons (png extension) i can´t get transparent
maps in IE6 (which is an obligation)

so replace config with:
 extension=gif, metaTile=true, metaSize=20,20 and size=256,256(default)

the layer is giving me outputs message like: invalid subsample x size. i
know this message is throwned from geoserver.

my question is if tilecache is doing requests with malformed URLs to
geoserver because i tried making the same request manually to geoserver but
with a diferent width/height and i get a good map.

i changed de metaSize parameter to lower levels like metaSize=10,10: it's
showing only a part of the map...

i would like to know if this is a tilecache prob or maybe I should post to
geoserver list.

p.s.: my tilecache is version 1.9.
Regards,

Pedro Mendes