[Tilecache] Help with tilecache.cgi unusual error

pawprint_net scott at pawprint.net
Mon May 5 13:38:13 EDT 2008

I hope someone with more python experience then I might be able to shed some
like on this:

I have tilecache successfully running as a CGI on about 3 servers (Linux) on
the latest attempt I'm getting an error I've never seen before. Through
apache I just get a 500 server error - but here is what I get via the
command line:

# ./tilecache.cgi
Cache-Control: max-age=10, must-revalidate

An error occurred: 'SCRIPT_NAME'
  File "/httpdocs/TileCache/Service.py", line 262, in cgiHandler
    host += os.environ["SCRIPT_NAME"]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/UserDict.py", line 19, in __getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]

I know SCRIPT_NAME should be set by Apache - and if I use PHP to verify that
I can see that it is - but I'm not sure how to verify that with python nor
what to do about it if it isn't

Any suggestions? Who knows - I may even be barking up the wrong tree and
it's something else.