[Tilecache] Integrate projection parameter into an ArcXML request

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri May 9 00:37:25 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 05:04:22PM +0200, Simone Gadenz wrote:
> Just a brief explanation. ArcIMS reproject data on-the-fly but for  this to
> work it requires both the AXL configuration file and the AXL request to
> include a series of spatial reference related tags.
> In particular:
> - the config file must include the featurecoordsys and filtercoordsys as
> children of the map\properties tag
> - each layer must include the coordsys tag to specify its original spatial
> reference
> - the filtercoordsys and featurecoordsys are to be specified in any map
> request.
>
> This said, for me it would be enough to transform the existent code in svn:

Okay. I'e now added this support to SVN. You specify a 'projection'
parameter in your TileCache config. It can either be a string (4326) or
a path, preceded by @ (@/path/to/projection.prj).

Feel free to try it out, and let me know if it does what you think it
should. If it doesn't, if you can provide a patch, that's great,
otherwise, just explaining what the XML should look like will also work.

Before this request came in, I was relatively close to doing another
release: If you could let me know what your success/lack thereof is with
this before the weekend, that'd be cool; otherwise, I'll just fix bugs
in it in the next release after this one.