[Tilecache] Switch from metaTile=false to true

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 11 08:52:28 EST 2008

Hi list,

  A simple question. I currently have pre-generated 6 levels of tiles
with metaTile=false.  Can I keep those tiles and switch to metaTile=true ?

  I tested locally and there seems to be no problem with that.  I
checked the difference between a generated tile with and without the
metaTile option and they both seem similar ( both 256X256, same name in
same directory, etc ) but the size is different.  So, I just wanted to
make sure if it's safe to do that.

  Many thanks,

--
Alexandre Dubé