[Tilecache] High CPU Usage with TileCache on IIS 6

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:07:08 EST 2008

Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone has experience with TileCache and IIS 6 and cpu
usage. I've been hitting a google map page that make around 30 tile overlay
requests to tilecache, and even when tilecache is retrieving cached tiles
(no calls to the WMS (which is on same server) which i validated looking at
IIS logs), the cpu usage goes up to 90-100%, albiet not for that long (maybe
a second or 2). Thats only one person hitting one page! Is this an iis
configuration issue, or should I just start installing apache....

Im running win 2003 server, IIS 6, tilecache 2.04, and the site is using
.net version 2.0.50727, it's also running in its own application pool, and
no one else is using the server at the moment, so I can safely see the cpu
usage just for this site-
chris-

--

Chris Marx