[Tilecache] Quick panning with overlays

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 25 16:56:05 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:47:19PM -0500, Yves Moisan wrote:
> Hi All,

As you've described it, this sounds like an OpenLayers question, not a
TileCache question.

That said, I'm not sure why you say overlays 'slow things down' --
perhaps you're not using a different set of DNS hostnames for your
overlays? If so, do that -- they will then load completely in parallel
to your baselayers. (Also, I hope you're using the multiple-DNS trick,
as that will cause a much faster visible loading time to the user...)