[Tilecache] GDAL + FWtools + tilecache_seed

lionel b lionel.bargeot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:42:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to use GDAL direct raster source reading possibility.
I use a debian etch and I need to use FWTools library (ECW support).
I've downloaded tilecache2.04 and untar in cgi-bin directory.

I've configured my tilecache.cfg like this :

[test02]
type=GDAL
file=/var/ortho2/tilecache/01.vrt
bbox=780000,2070000,900000,2175000

where 01.vrt is a gdal virtual dataset and I tested it whith gdalinfo
(FWTools)

# python ./tilecache_seed.py http://localhost/cgi-bin/tilecache.cgi
test02 1 3
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tilecache_seed.py", line 9, in ?
    TileCache.Client.main()
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/tilecache/TileCache/Client.py", line 104, in main
    layer = svc.layers[sys.argv[2]]
KeyError: 'test02'

I tried to force using python in FWTools both in tilecahe_seed and
tilecache.cgi (I edited the first line of the file to point to the
FWTools python file).

I've got the same error message. Have i missed something ?
Thanks

Lionel