[Tilecache] TileCache problem

Gilles Bassière gilles.bassiere at makina-corpus.com
Tue Oct 21 04:26:52 EDT 2008

CaSC wrote:

> Jacolin Yves wrote:
>
>> Did you set up a cache parameter in your tilecache.cfg?
>>
>> [cache]
>> type=DiskCache
>> base=/var/local/tilecache/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Y.
>> --
>> Yves Jacolin
>> ---
>> http://softlibre.gloobe.org
>>

> Yes, i have this in my tilecache.cfg:
>
> [cache]
> type=DiskCache
> base=/tmp/tilecache
>
> and i have this directory created. /tmp/tilecache should be accesible by
> apache?

Yes, the user running Apache must have write permission on your cache
directory.

I'm not sure whether setting appropriate permissions will solve your
problem because your error is "NoSectionError: No section: 'cache'",
meaning that TileCache can't find the cache section which actually
exists in your tilecache.cfg.

I had a similar problem recently because TileCache was not able to find
my tilecache.cfg. TileCache look for your configuration file in the
current directory (./), the parent directory (../) and then in the
python path. I believe that TileCache will use the first tilecache.cfg
file found. Depending on your installation, you may have another
tilecache.cfg (maybe the one shipped with sources) in one of these
directories. If you need to check your python path, you can issue the
following command:
python -c "import sys; print sys.path"

Regards,
Gilles