[Tilecache] tilecache crashes reducible

2StepForward kwegezeder at web.de
Mon Sep 8 09:07:29 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:

> This is not a TileCache crash, this is a GeoServer crash. Sounds like
> you ran it out of RAM. I have no idea bout anything about GeoServer, but
> all TileCache does is talk through WMS, so there's nothing it's doing
> here that should be able to kill Java in any special way.

Yes, I also believe in that. I've wrote this question to
GeoServer-User-List.

Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:

> How did you do this? Using the equivilant of java -Xmx 600M or
> something?

I have gave the GeoServer with -Xmx 600M option by startup that memory

Christopher Schmidt-4 wrote:

> The GeoServer list is a good place to start, but you probably also ant
> to upgrae to the lastest version of GeoServver if your' enot already on
> it.

Thanks Christopher for reply, I will try it on GeoServer-User-List. Maybe a
upgrad to a higher GeoServer version will solve this problem.

Regards,
Klaus