[Tilecache] Converting from Tilecache filenames to Google x, y, zoom format

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Sep 17 18:03:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:40:14PM -0700, Roger André wrote:
> I've been asked to generate a tileset to feed an existing Google Maps
> implementation.  In order to do this, I need to rename the tiles generated
> by Tilecache into a name that contains the x_y_zoom values of the tile.

Or use the GoogleDisk cache instead of the Disk cache? That's what it
was written for. Though apparently you want some kind of odd file naming
format I don't understand; GoogleDisk uses z/x/y.extension.

> Is there an easy way to figure out how to map from the existing
> tilecache names, back to the Google Map name, or will I need to hack
> Cache.py and create a new tileset?

Ah, perhaps you are using an old TileCache. I recommend upgrading to the
latest, which has solved this problem for you.

The answer to your question is "there is a way, but I wouldn't call it
easy."