[Tilecache] Transparent backgrounds are black in Google Maps

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:43:19 EDT 2008

Ok, so I think this might actually be a Tilecache issue, though I'm sure it
can be resolved via configuration.  I took a look in the cache, and the
tiles there don't have the background set to transparent.  However, when I
make a WMS request directly, the tiles are returned with alpha correctly
inside of them.

I've read that this is because Tilecache doesn't correctly forward the
"Transparent=true" request to the WMS service.  Is that true?