[Tilecache] how to calculate BBOX for tiles

Kevin Kempfer mail at kevinkempfer.de
Fri Apr 3 10:05:50 EDT 2009

Hi List!

I am trying to selectivly delete tiles from TileCache for specific
BBOXes in order to regenerate parts of the map. I am using this script
which Tim posted two years ago:
http://n2.nabble.com/locating-bad-tiles...-td1836476.html

Supplying the URL which OpenLayers generates for a specific tile
refreshes this tile in the TileCache.

So I need to know how OpenLayers calculates the BBOXes for the tiles to
be requested. Can someone point me to this piece of code?

Here is what should happen:

- I have the BBOX of the part of the map that should be regenerated
- calculate the corresponding tiles in all zoom levels
- pass these tiles' BBOX to Tim's script that regenerates the matching
tiles in the TileCache

Thanks for any hints - or even better approaches.

Kevin

P.S.: CC to the tilecache list, maybe someone there has a better method
for deleting parts of the tilecache?!