[Tilecache] Where should feature requests go?

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Fri Aug 14 08:28:27 EDT 2009

   I have a feature request that is likely easy to add.  I would send a
patch, but suspect it is quicker for one of the already trusted developers
to do things.

Request: In TileCache/Service.py there is a look-up of
options["TileCacheConfig"] , and then the use of this configuration file.
I am wondering if something similar can be added to TileCache/Client.py as
an additional parser.add_option() such as "-c","--config".

Reason:

   We have set up a number of different tilecache configurations
corresponding to different WMS groupings.  We have each of these in the
Apache configuration, using "PythonOption TileCacheConfig
/path/to/config.cfg"  to point to the right config.  It would be easier if
we could specify the configuration file on the command line for
tilecache_seed.py as well, rather than having to hack around this (copy
specific config to different name before running, etc).

   If there is a better place to file this request (a Bugzilla), then
please let me know.

Thanks!

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"