[Tilecache] MetaTile issue

Mark Deneen mdeneen+tiles at saucontech.com
Fri Feb 20 14:05:57 EST 2009

Yves Moisan wrote:
>> Has anybody run TileCache under mod_wsgi?  Any pointers on how to set it
>> up?
>>

> Did you follow :
> http://erilem.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/secure-tilecache-with-pylons-and-repoze/ ?
>
> Eric told me this could be run under mod_wsgi, but I don't know how to
> go about that.  There probably are tutorials on the Pylons web site as
> to how to run under mod_wsgi.
>

>> tilecache.wsgi is merely a copy of tilecache.fcgi.
>>
>> Mark

Yves,

I was able to get TileCache running under mod_wsgi.  I just run this
simple script:

#!/usr/local/bin/python
from TileCache.Service import wsgiApp

def application(environ, start_response):
 return wsgiApp(environ, start_response)

However, with meta-tiling, I get the dreaded "lock" problem, where I get
a broken image in the cache, and a log entry about not being able to
delete a lock directory.

Mark