[Tilecache] tilecache_seed force parameter

Helder Brandão helder.brandao at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:47:31 EST 2009

Your patch is incomplete! Because in the python file Layer.py line 426:
   def render (self, tile):
       if self.metaTile:
           metatile = self.getMetaTile(tile)
           try:
               self.cache.lock(metatile)
               image = self.cache.get(tile)
               if not image:
                   image = self.renderMetaTile(metatile, tile)

When arrive at "image = self.cache.get(tile)" the image exist (normally) so
it pulls the condition and it doesn't force the seed.

My correction is:

-    def render (self, tile):
+    def render (self, tile, force=False):
       if self.metaTile:
           metatile = self.getMetaTile(tile)
           try:
               self.cache.lock(metatile)
-               image = self.cache.get(tile)

+              image = None
+              if not force:
+                    image = self.cache.get(tile)
               if not image:
                   image = self.renderMetaTile(metatile, tile)

Best Regards,

Helder Brandão