[Tilecache] Overlays - WMS on top of Google using TileCache

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:22:45 EST 2009

As long as the wms service you're using supports wms requests in spherical
mercator, then it works just fine. Here is a permanent demo site I put up.
http://map.birds.cornell.edu/wms/demo/

Note that the layers dont match up when you're zoomed out. This is because
I'm using Manifold GIS wms service, and they dont support that yet, so the
requests are being made in lat/lng-
chris-

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM, mmmmmm <mguraliuc1978 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I lost all hope on managing to get google map overlay using tilecache.
> I am investigating now geowebcache for this purpose.

Chris Marx
Programmer/Analyst
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Rd.