[Tilecache] Question about the units config setting

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jan 28 06:34:35 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 05:44:35PM +1030, Jim Groffen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is the 'units' config setting only used by the WMTS service? I notice the JSON service renders it but I'm pretty sure it could be removed from there and it's not used anywhere else (at least in version 2.04).

This is not used anywhere else, that is correct.

> I ask because I'm updating the WMTS implementation and want to handle it a little differently, basically removing it from the default layer so that only the WMTS service will be aware of it (and can do special things with it).

I don't understand what you mean by 'special things with it'. In theory,
removing it could stop currently-functioning tilecache.cfg files from
working, so I'm not generally in favor of it, unless I can understand
the reason.

Since I know that saying 'no' is equal to requesting a fork, let me
clarify that I'm willing to entertain the idea, but I'd want more
details than 'and do special things with it'.