[Tilecache] RE maxExtent and BBOX setting

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Jul 24 08:30:13 EDT 2009

sure comme un citron!

I agree that I should get en error. So, that means that there is no error
with Openlayers. Probably because it is not trying to load the tiles. The
behavior was like there is a min or maxResoltution applied. But there is
not..

 I changed the extent of the layer and the BBOX of the tilecache.cfg and
now it is working. But I need to understand what went wrong.
I'll do more research. I really need to set the extent as small as
possible otherwise a lot of useless request are sent to the server.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

Steve Toutant, M. Sc.
Analyste en géomatique
Secteur environnement
Direction des risques biologiques, environnementaux et occupationnels
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe
Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
Fax.: (418) 654-3144
steve.toutant at inspq.qc.ca
http://www.inspq.qc.ca

Martin Ouellet <geomartino at gmail.com>
23/07/2009 03:48 PM

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
cc
tilecache-bounces at openlayers.org, tilecache at openlayers.org
Objet
Re: [Tilecache] RE maxExtent and BBOX setting

if the tile are created but OL does not display it, you should have a
error message in firebug:

here some possible errors:
->Permission denied on directory so tilecache cannot read the image
->file ?.png does not exist
-> x value too far from tile corner x

are you sure firebug don't show any error?

MartinO

I should say that tilecache_seed.py gave no errors and there is nothing
wrong in the apache logs. The image are created but don't show up in OL.
thanks

steve.toutant at inspq.qc.ca
http://www.inspq.qc.ca

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca@openlayers.org
Envoyé par : tilecache-bounces at openlayers.org
23/07/2009 11:54 AM

tilecache at openlayers.org
cc

Objet
[Tilecache] maxExtent and BBOX setting

Hello,
I read several posts on bbox and maxExtent settings but I still can't make
tilecache works.
I'm confuse with maxExtent, maxResolution and BBOX of OpenLayers
mapOptions, OpenLayers layer definition, tilecache.cfg and
tilecache_seed.py.

I need help for clarifying this please.
Below are the different settings.
thanks
Steve

************************OpenLayers
Options*********************************

var mapOptions = {
projection: "EPSG:900913",//google
displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"), //Pour afficher
les coord lat long
units: "m",
maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-9239517, 5465442, -5565974,
9349764),//bbox google = bbox tilecache_seed.py
maxResolution: "4892", //BEcause of minZoomLevel: 5 for google MAp
controls: [],
numZoomLevels: 20 //google
};
//basemap
var googleM = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google( "Google Map", { minZoomLevel:
5, type: G_NORMAL_MAP, 'sphericalMercator': true} );

************************OpenLayers Layer definition
*********************************
createTileCacheLayer
(
       'ilotsMiniTC', 'http://10.2.192.247/tilecache/dataWms',
'ilotsMiniTC',
       {
               REPROJECT: 'false',
               format:"image/gif",
               transparent: "true",
               maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-9239517,5465442,-7987172.729,5465442), // = bbox of
tilecache.cfg
               maxResolution: 4892,
               attribution:'ICU - INSPQ et <a href="
http://www.santepub-mtl.qc.ca/" target="_blank">DSP de Montréal</a>'
       }
);

************************TILECACHE.CFG*********************************

[ilotsMiniTC]
type=WMSLayer
url=
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/paccSante/map/paccsante_chaleur.map&

extent_type=loose
levels=15
#Du niveau inférieur au niveau supérieur
layers=ilotsLavalMini,ilotsMtlMini,ilotsMonteregieMini3,ilotsMonteregieMini1,ilotsMonteregieMini2,ilotsEstrieMini2,ilotsEstrieMini1,ilotsGatMini,ilotsLauMini2,ilotsLauMini1,ilotsLanMini,ilotsMauMini1,ilotsMauMini2,ilotsMauMini3,ilotsChauMini2,ilotsQcMini2,ilotsChauMini1,ilotsQcMini1

extension=gif
srs=EPSG:900913
#metaTile=true
metaBuffer=30
#metaSize=10,10
maxResolution=4892
bbox=-9239517,5465442,-7987172.729,5465442
#BBOX = maxExtent of OL Layer definition

BBOX = maxExtent of OL map options
tilecache_seed.py -f ilotsMiniTC 0 2 -b "-9239517, 5465442, -5565974,
9349764"

steve.toutant at inspq.qc.ca
http://www.inspq.qc.ca