[Tilecache] tilecache DLL load failed error

Chang, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Chang at noblis.org
Tue Jun 9 14:09:46 EDT 2009

Sorry I don't know the answer but I posted earlier today email called
"completing basic tutorial" and we may be getting the same error. I am
not running with mod_python but my error is

An error occurred: No module named mapnik
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 323
, in cgiHandler
    format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
req_method, host )
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 208
, in dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Service.py", line 138
, in renderTile
    data = layer.render(tile, force=force)
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Layer.py", line 435,
 in render
    image = self.renderMetaTile(metatile, tile)
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Layer.py", line 395,
 in renderMetaTile
    data = self.renderTile(metatile)
  File "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\TileCache\Layers\Mapnik.py", line
 27, in renderTile
    import mapnik

I'm thinking it has to do with my setup rather than my configuration
files. We are both running apache, tilecache, mapnik in windows. Please
let the list know if you figure out your issue.

I do have multiple python installed but there is no reference to my
other python in path, pythonhome, pythonpath and the tilecache.cgi has
the correct reference to c:\python25\python.exe. Also I can  do import
mapnik from this python.

- Elizabeth