[Tilecache] Creating Tiles (TMS style) using tilecache and mapnik

Joe Nunn joe.nunn at usegis.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 04:34:05 EDT 2009

Dear All

I am attempting to create a cache of tiles using tilecache from a mapnik
source.  I am using a shapefile as the source (it has to be this really as i
have 100+ shapefiles to create separate caches for) and creating a mapnik
xml file.  This is referenced from the tilecache.cfg file.  I am using an
openlayers front end to access this and request the tile output.

I have succeeded getting these tiles to be output but the file structure is
not what i am after.  It does it in this format:
'cache/01/000/000/01/000/000/001.png' whereas I want the TMS/google style
format  z/x/y.png

I tried setting the config and openlayers map to output TMS but nothing is
output.  I just get pink tiles.

Is this possible?  If so how would I achieve this?

Many thanks

Joe Nunn

 <mailto:joe.nunn at usegis.co.uk> joe.nunn at usegis.co.uk

T: 01249 700900

M: 07855 686794

UseGIS Limited

Hartham Park House

Hartham Park

Corsham

Wiltshire

SN13 0RP

Registered Office: 65 St. Mary Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire. SN15 3JF

Company Number: 5354108.

Registered in England and Wales

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone

else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,

on

it, is prohibited and unlawful.