[Tilecache] Building static tilecache with ESRI software

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:39:34 EDT 2009

Recently http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/ArcGIS93Rest.js
was added to the openlayers trunk version, might we worth checking
out. I'm not sure how fitting the AGS REST-interface is for cached
services though.

I think there is some WIP in consuming an ArcGIS Server cache directly
via openlayers too, but you should ask the openlayers list about that.

The third option I see, converting an ArcGIS Server cache to the
structure used by tilecache wouldn't be extremely hard to do, but
noone has done that yet afaik.

/Björn