[Tilecache] ECW or TIFF to Tiles

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Mon Nov 2 11:56:09 EST 2009

And if you wanted to skip mapnik, you can also have tilecache just read a
GDAL layer directly with it's GDAL driver ... eg

[mylayer]
type=GDAL
file=/tmp/myimage.tif_or.vrt
spherical_mercator=true
tms_type=google
metatile=yes

As noted before, you need to have your images already transformed to the
appropriate projection for your tiles.

 -Josh