[Tilecache] ETag/Last-Modified or mod_expires

Mark Deneen mdeneen+tiles at saucontech.com
Thu Nov 5 14:46:29 EST 2009

Alexandre,

#curl -I http://www.example.com/some/url

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:36:42 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.23

Here, you can see the expires tag is set.  To know if X-SendFile is
active is a little harder, as the headers sent to the browser will not
indicate anything because the SendFile magic happens between TileCache
and the web server.

If you have SendFile enabled in TileCache, you can try disabling
SendFile in Apache, and see what happens.  If Apache support is
disabled, I believe you should see the X-SendFile header in the response
because Apache does not handle it.

You may need both

XSendFile on
XSendFileAllowAbove on