[Tilecache] WMS getMap interface

Simone Gadenz gadenz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:39:00 EDT 2009

Hello!

I am looking for a WMS server that can consume a TC cache and provide images
of an arbitrary extent.

According to the documentation each tile can be called using a WMS syntax.
For the short test I have done there is no possibility of calling images
with an arbitrary extent through that interface.

I found GDAL has a minidriver for accessing WMS-C caches but again for the
test it seems it works only for accessing a single tile. I might be wrong
since i did not understand fully the configuration.

Going to the point, I would like to understand how hard would be to
implement a WMS getmap interface into the TileCache, and in case what is the
best strategy. I saw a WMS.py under the service folder. is thet the right
point to start?

Thanks