[Tilecache] Tilecache error message

(Toze) António José Silva ajfsilva at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:38:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to publish my GeoServer WMS images with tilecache and i'm
getting this error when the pink tiles shows up and I right click them,
and then click view image option. I'm running tile cache on a Ubuntu
server and the error message is this:

An error occurred: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/tilecache/cache/orto/19'
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/TileCache/Service.py", line 323, in cgiHandler
    format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, req_method, host )
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/TileCache/Service.py", line 208, in dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/TileCache/Service.py", line 139, in renderTile
    if (data): image = self.cache.set(tile, data)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/TileCache/Caches/Disk.py", line 77, in set
    self.makedirs(dirname)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/TileCache/Caches/Disk.py", line 34, in makedirs
    raise E

Thank you for the help

AJS