[Tilecache] Fwd: redirection of tiles

Christoph Lingg christoph at lingg.eu
Tue Apr 13 16:22:28 EDT 2010

Hi all,

i am still struggling to get my problem solved: with tilecache_seed we want to render a area of the world, for the rest of the world we would like to provide the osm tiles.

I first thought about hacking tilecache's code and make a header redirection to the osm tiles. But finally I changed to an another approach with two layers in the tilecache.cfg:

The first layer should display the osm tiles by downloading the tiles from the osm server and caching them on disk. The second layer is our customized layer and will be rendered using tilecache_seed. This tiles can then be copied to the disk repository of the osm layer and replace those tiles partly.

This approach worked already with the basic layer included into the tilecache.cfg. But I couldn't find a solution to cache the osm tiles, which are stored in a z/y/x way: http://c.tile.openstreetmap.org/16/34619/22956.png

I would be very thankful for any hint or help! Is this even possible?

Kind regards,
Christoph