[Tilecache] New release?

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Apr 16 14:28:54 EDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 1:48 PM, ext Russell McOrmond wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Stephan Holl wrote:
>
>> recent version in debian, since there is at least 1 known issue
>> within
>> the seeding-program which dies occationaly with "Zero length data
>> returned from layer."
>
>   There is also a locking issue fixed by
> http://trac.osgeo.org/tilecache/changeset/391 that would be good to
> get
> into an official release.   Not everyone is comfortable applying
> patches
> themself, or are allowed to in some organizations (Gov departments).

Yep. I don't disagree that a new release is in order; basically, I'm
trying to finish 'cleaning house' by getting infrastructure moved to
OSGeo, which I'm partially delaying on some OSGeo-related changes,
after which it is my intention to do a new release.

I'm just confused how a new release helps fix a problem in Debian,
since that issue isn't patched in TileCache. (For the record, I'm
still confused, and would love an explanation from Stephan.)

-- Chris