[Tilecache] New release?

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Fri Apr 16 14:37:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:

> Yep. I don't disagree that a new release is in order; basically, I'm
> trying to finish 'cleaning house' by getting infrastructure moved to
> OSGeo, which I'm partially delaying on some OSGeo-related changes,
> after which it is my intention to do a new release.

   Thanks for this update.

> I'm just confused how a new release helps fix a problem in Debian,
> since that issue isn't patched in TileCache. (For the record, I'm
> still confused, and would love an explanation from Stephan.)

   That one is mentioned in discussion, but a patch hasn't yet been
written.   Ideal may be to have a configuration flag that says whether the
exception is raised or not.

http://openlayers.org/pipermail/tilecache/2009-August/001973.html

   I had the same issue with a client, and for them I just commented that
line out.

   else: pass #raise Exception("Zero length data returned from layer.")

   Wish I had time to create/test a patch, but things are a bit busy
work-wise at the moment.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"