[Tilecache] Symbol image transparency problem

Joel Bandibas joel.bandibas at aist.go.jp
Wed Aug 11 21:04:07 EDT 2010

Jez,

I had similar transparency problem before and solved it with the correct OUTPUTFORMAT setting of the Mapserver map file.  YOu did not show your OUTPUTFORMAT setting in your map file but I assume that the IMAGEMODE is RGB.  RGB mode does not support transparency (check Mapserver  documentation http://mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html) . Yes, it is strange for even with that setting, transparency works in OpenLayers. Anyway, make the following changes and add the following OUTPUTFORMAT setting bellow in your map file and see if it works:

IMAGETYPE PNG
IMAGECOLOR  255 255 255

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME PNG