[Tilecache] RV: Tiles owner

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Wed Feb 10 10:21:11 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Fabrellas Bertran, Isabel wrote:

> The problem is that tiles owner is ‘daemon’ and to delete them it’s
> necessary to be user ‘root’.

  At work what we do is use the group sticky bit to the group of the
management user, before we copy any tiles into the directory.

chgrp projectgroup tiledirectory
chmod g+rwxs tiledirectory

   This way all the subdirectories will be in the 'projecgroup' group, and
then we can make use of group write permissions to manage tiles that are
owned by the HTTP servers userID.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"