[Tilecache] emptying a tile cache layer

andy at centremaps.co.uk andy at centremaps.com
Thu Feb 18 07:59:43 EST 2010

Hi,

Apologies for this very simple question, couldn't find it in the mailing
lists - probably because it is so basic!....

Tilecache is working nicely on my server but i will need to clear a layer
occassionally when i get mapping updates.

If i delete a whole folder in the cache area (e.g. either the whole folder
or even just a folder for one of the layers/zoom levels) is there any other
reference tilecache uses which i also need to update.

I couldn't see any signs of a record of tiles created so am assuming
tilecache simply looks for the tile image and if it isn't there then creates
it - but i thought it was worth checking first!

Thanks

Andy