[Tilecache] How to submit a patch?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Jan 9 18:22:45 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 11:15:10AM -0700, Jacob Marble wrote:
> Good afternoon-
>
> I have two very small patches to submit.  What is the best way to do
> this?  I have sent one to this list (cf
> http://openlayers.org/pipermail/tilecache/2009-December/002161.html),
> but it appears to have been ignored.  What is a good way to get
> feedback for a patch?  Should I contact Christopher or fredj directly?

My problem was that that the patch didn't apply cleanly (via patch -p0),
and I didn't investigate why. (Also, you sent it right when I started my
vacation, and I've only been around for 3-4 more days since then.)

Do you know why it wouldn't apply on my mac? I can poke at it if there's
no obvious reason why.

In general, if a patch gets ignored, just keep nagging the list -- every
few days -> weeks -- unless you got a response, until it happens :)
I'm a busy man, and if I haven't done something within 3 days, it usually
means I forgot. (Nagging on IRC is more interactive; irc.freenode.net/
#tilecache if you care.)

-- Chris