[Tilecache] TMS question

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Tue Jan 12 12:16:45 EST 2010

Guillaume,

One point to note is that while Google Earth uses tiles in epsg:4326 (or
'degrees' as you call it), Google Maps uses an entirely different and
incompatible set of tiles.  If you want to display tiles in both GE and
GMaps, you need two different sets of tiles.  TileCache could potentially
create/serve both sets up.  Or Gdal2Tiles can also create each different set
for you. But they're not the same.

 -Josh