[Tilecache] need proxy for tilecache on apache with mod_python on windows

Jacob Fenwick jacob.fenwick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 19:09:27 EST 2010

Hi,

I've set up a tilecache server on apache on windows using mod_python. It
works on one network!

However, when I go to another network where this is a proxy, I get this
error:

An error occurred: <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>
  File
"c:\python25\lib\site-packages\TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg\TileCache\Service.py",
line 256, in modPythonHandler
    host )
  File
"c:\python25\lib\site-packages\TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg\TileCache\Service.py",
line 208, in dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
etc

Obviously, this is a proxy error.

What is the standard way to add a proxy? Is there a mechanism inside
tilecache? Do I have to modify tilecache directly to do this? Or is there a
method in apache I should use?

Thanks,

Jacob