[Tilecache] Re: MetaTiling - does projection affect?

Bill Teluk Bill.Teluk at team.telstra.com
Fri May 7 02:24:38 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help - much appreciated!  I'm after all the performance I
can get so I was disappointed when it seemed initially that I couldn't make
use of metaTiling.  I will put that patch into my installation.

YES - all the requests in my test were sent in a short time frame - I
cleared all my caches and executed a sequence of zooms from an
OpenLayers-based web app, one immediately after the other (for performance
testing.)  I then measured the #tiles, and Apache calls.  In addition, the
areas tested WERE across different tile boundaries - ie. there were a series
of partial tiles around some or most of the edges (the calls weren't
optimised to align the image window with the tile requests, I used an
800x600 window, I probably should use a 768x512 window maybe.)
Regards, Bill