[Tilecache] Re: TileCache and Mapnik - it doesn't work

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Thu Sep 9 05:43:12 EDT 2010

Steve,

I'd recommend you move this to the mapnik list.

Please reply there with answers to the following questions:

1) how did you install mapnik (basically what path did you follow on http://trac.mapnik.org/wiki/WindowsInstallation)?

2) what is returned if you open a command prompt and type:

$ python
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path

(what I want to see is whether C:\mapnik-0.7.1\python\2.5\site-packages shows up in your PYTHONPATH)

3) confirm with me that you *can* do (which I understood you could from your first email):

>>> import mapnik

from a normal python interpreter (outside of apache process)

Dane